How To Keep Ants Away From Your Worcester Home
March 15, 2022 - Ants
If you want to keep ants away from your Worcester home, you should be investing in ant control solutions such as prevention tactics and ant pest control near you. To help you out, we will tell you the most effective ant control tips in this article so you can understand exactly how to get rid of ants.
What Do Ants In Providence Look Like?
There are several different types of ants in Worcester, MA, and surrounding areas that you may encounter around your home. We list the most common ant invaders below as effective ant control depends on proper ant identification. Ant control in Providence provided by Encon can help you with this:
- Carpenter Ants: Larger, shiny black in color
- Odorous House Ants: Brown to black in color, release unpleasant smell when killed
- Pavement Ants: Smaller, brown, or black in color, aggressive to other ants
You may also encounter Pharoah ants, sugar ants, or ghost ants in your home, though infestations of these species can be a little less common.
How Dangerous Are Ants In Providence Homes?
Ant invasions in your Providence home can be dangerous, which is why ant control in your house is so essential. When ants invade, they can bring with them bacteria that get on the surfaces and food storage areas of your home; these contaminated places may make those in your home sick and can present a serious health risk.
Ant bites can also trigger allergic reactions in some individuals, and even if no allergic reaction is detected, these bites can be itchy and annoying.
Additionally, ants, especially carpenter ants, can cause a serious amount of destruction in your home. This is caused by the carpenter ants tunneling through internal wooden structures and leaving these areas weak or prone to collapse. Ants, in general, may soil items in your home and create a mess as they pass through.
Practical Ant Prevention Tips For Providence Homes
A significant part of ant control in your house is putting into place practical prevention tips. Follow the steps below to protect your home from this pest:
- Seal up all food waste and other trash tightly in bags or place in trash cans with lids. This will prevent ants from scavenging in these areas. Ensure that you don’t leave out dirty dishes, food, and drink spills, or waste around your home.
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored correctly, and consider using plastic, airtight containers in your pantry. This will prevent ants from invading and feasting on your stored food.
- Clean up your yard and ensure there is no debris, especially debris like woodpiles or fallen fruit. Keep the grass trimmed low to make the area less hospitable to ants.
- Address moisture issues around your home and fix up leaks inside or outside your property. Pools of moisture often bring ants into your home.
The Secret To Total Ant Control For Providence Homeowners
If you want to know how to get rid of ants for good, reaching out to ant pest control near you is the best way to go about it. The experts at Encon are highly experienced in providing ant control in Providence and can assist you by giving your home a thorough inspection. Once the type of ant causing your problems is identified, you can benefit from tailored ant control solutions that allow you to reclaim your home from this pest.
This is a great company from the office staff to the service men. Thank you